First of all, unfortunately, we got tired of making up a new city name for every sprint and we got back to the classic numeric names of our sprints (year and month name).
In this first Sprint of the year, we worked on Icepim and the connectors.
- We primarily focused on the new front-end project, which aims to enhance the user experience for our current and future customers. Currently, we are finalizing the decisions for the main UI elements that we will use for the whole interface, as well as the ‘look & feel’ of the future platform.
- For business rules in Icepim, we modified the logic of product statuses and state statuses. Previously, Icepim checked if the state status of the product matched the product status. If they didn’t match, the product status was changed to the state status. We have now updated this logic, and changes in product statuses are no longer connected to state statuses.
- We completed the enhancement/generation functionality for product fields using AI (Chat GPT).
- We improved the data-saving method for the Import price changes report. The previous method caused PIMs with more than 50,000 products to become stuck when opening the report page. This issue is now fixed and the improvement will be included in the next release.
- Additionally, we enhanced the date ranges for the calendar in the Import price changes report. With the added date and time functionality, customers with multiple suppliers’ price changes within the same day can now see all the changes made by suppliers.
- We introduced a ‘Run now’ button to the Task manager, Product relations (normal relations work on the go, but attribute-based relations require a job in the Task manager or manual trigger), and the Shop selector.
Enhanced Warehouse Functionality
- The development for applying the warehouse selector on warehouse price + shipping cost is now complete. This functionality will be useful for cases where suppliers make money on shipping: the purchase price is cheap, but shipping (delivery) is expensive. This way the total price is higher than other suppliers’ total cost (purchase + shipping). This is a useful addition to the shipping cost per warehouse functionality introduced in the previous release.
- We continued our work on the product status change report and new graphs for the dashboard.
- Moreover, we worked on automatically duplicating titles for statuses, filters, states, etc. into other languages. This enhancement aims to alleviate the tedious task for customers dealing with multiple languages in Icepim.
- Odoo Connector: We’ve added support for Odoo v16
- WooCommerce: Added “bullet points” and “related products” export support
It’s important to note that our sprints typically last for three weeks. While some features are completed within a single sprint, certain developments may extend beyond one sprint duration. All our functionalities undergo thorough testing to ensure quality. Therefore, finishing a feature/ development in the sprint does not automatically result in immediate availability for our users. Rest assured, we will communicate with all our customers about the new release dates, provide release logs, and offer explanations on what features are inside and how they work via our blog.