We are thrilled to announce the latest release of Icepim 2.4.0 with new features and improvements. During this release we have focused on better usability of Icepim, introducing new features, new connectors as well as making it more stable. As always, our goal is to make managing your e-commerce products and data as seamless and efficient as possible.
So, what’s new in this release? Let’s take a look:
Product Types: Better Management of Attributes
We have reorganized the Product Types menu interface to make attribute management more intuitive. As shown in the screenshot below, every Product Type now contains Attribute groups. As with the previous setup, you have the option to import Attribute groups from Icecat containing attributes (as part of Icecat enrichment import) or create your own custom groups. For each custom Attribute group, you can define your own attributes.
Lock EAN/UPC Code New Feature
We have introduced a new feature that allows you to limit the number of EANs saved for each product. As you know, EANs come both from your Iceimport file and Icecat. If you want to keep a limited number of EANs for any reason, simply check the ‘Lock EAN/UPC code’ checkbox on the Product edit Page. Checking the ‘lock EAN’ checkbox will prevent EAN overwriting during both manual and automated enrichments.
Creation of Default Icepim
The new Default Icepim removes many unnecessary custom settings, while also adding more explanations and tooltips to the interface for greater user understanding. This results in a cleaner and more user-friendly PIM that e-commerce managers and shop owners will find easier to work with, whether they are new or existing customers. However, we will not update certain parts of your Icepim if doing so would interfere with any existing custom settings that you have in place.
Product Stories in Icepim
Icecat’s product stories can now be shown in the Product Edit page, under a dedicated tab called ‘Product Stories’. If a product story is not available, it may be due to limitations of your Icecat subscription or the absence of a product story in Icecat for that particular product.
Warehouse Selector Rule Interface
With the updated Warehouse Selector “Condition-Selection” interface, you can now configure conditions for your assortment and set the warehouse that will be selected for the configured conditions, providing a more comprehensive understanding of your inventory management.
Iceimport Speed Increase
With this improvement, Icepim now updates only the changed prices during each import, which increases the overall speed of Iceimports.
Icecat Import Enrichment Speed Increase
The Icecat Import now updates only the data that has been changed since the last import, which greatly increases the speed of Icecat import operations.
Partial Icecat Enrichment New Feature in Icepim 2.4.0
With the new Partial Icecat Enrichment feature, Icepim now checks all products daily and enriches any that are not already enriched. Think of it like clicking the ‘Enrich’ button for each product in the Product Edit manually, but for all products. This is an automated version of the manual process. So, you don’t have to wait for the ‘long run daily process’ to enrich new products anymore. Instead, the enrichment process can be run immediately after adding new products, allowing them to be enriched quickly.
Copy Exports Availability
Are you tired of setting up multiple Exports with similar settings every time? If you have multiple exports, you’ll be pleased to know that you can now easily copy export settings, saving you both time and hassle.
New Option for Product Name Format in Icecat Import
With the new Product Name Format option, you can now customize your product names according to your preferred format. The available options now include Icecat product name, Icecat product name + short description, Icecat short summary description, and Brand + Product code.
Additional Fields are Now Available for Export in XML Format
We have added two new fields to the XML export: warehouse retail price and Icecat related products.
Meet New Connectors in Icepim 2.4.0
We’ve added new connectors for Amazon and Salesforce, enabling you to send product updates directly to your Amazon webstore. With our Salesforce connector, we’ve gone beyond content and can now connect with your suppliers to send stock, pricing, and attribute updates. Additionally, we’ve improved our Shopify connector with GraphQL implementation, resulting in much faster performance than before!
Full List of New Features and Improvements:
- Partial Icecat enrichment
- Reorganization of the Product Types menu
- Import Product Stories
- Ability to copy Exports
- Option to Keep visible setting for existing attributes in Icecat import
- Display of the Warehouse selector rule page
- Editable “Show products with this status” field for default product status
- Iceimport updates only changed prices, not all prices
- Keeping the history of logs even when products have been deleted
- Icecat import updates only changed data, not all data
- New option for Product Name format in Icecat import
- Iceimport file quantity check with maximum 30% decrease
- Removal of Measurement unit from Product edit page (Attributes)
- Creation of Default Icepim
- Lock EAN code feature
- Include warehouse retail price, related products in XML export
- Amazon product content update connection was added.
- Salesforce connector added.
- Shopify connector: GraphQL implementation completed.
In addition to these new features and improvements, we’ve also fixed a number of bugs. These include:
- Ability to delete products from Select All in Product Overview
- Ability to select a warehouse without selecting “All” on the product overview page
- Correction of logs’ texts
- Product count within a category on the Product overview page
- Ability to move products
- Import of Product Relations to Icepim
- Unable to change the number of displayed rows per page
- Icecat enrich button not working when changing name (Icecat import)
- “Select All” in “Choose selection” now selects all, instead of selecting the filtered request
- Change in text of “Select All” window
- Some tooltip explanations and other text changes for better user-experience.
- New warehouse State block
- Copied Categories display in Product Overview
We’re confident that these new features and fixes will make managing your product data and content easier and more efficient than before. We are continuing to improve Icepim’s usability, make it more stable and develop new features. You speak, we listen. Try out the latest release of Icepim 2.4.0 today!